Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 5: Thing #11


Snow Hands in Prayer
Originally uploaded by
sunshineinak

I created this image in picnik. This is an image generator that was listed on the Web 2.0 Award Winners. This site is very easy to use. It only took me minutes to figure this one out. I took this photo in Thailand, downloaded it to Flickr, used Picnik to add the snow (it was about 100 degrees!), then Picnik let me save it back to my photostream in Flickr and then Flickr let me download this directly to my blog!! Pretty amazing. I LOVE the way some of these websites are interconnected to make blogging, photo sharing, listing, etc. so easy for me. Especially now that I am getting the hang of it. As I have said before though, I have my list of usernames, passwords and various other codes right here in front of me and on my bookmark list so I don't get "lost."


Here's the web link... http://www.picnik.com/

I chose several avenues for my tour of sites/tools from the Web 2.0 Awards list. I dinked around with travel, but had already used those in the past. I looked at the photography, but that's what I always look at and I did it anyway (see above). Then I did what I always do when I am in a quandry....spin and point! I ended up on Swivel (http://www.swivel.com/ ) which has left my head swimming!!! But, I think I know of 3 people who will totally appreciate this site (Dave, Jim, Patrick ...yes, I am talking about you!). Here's what Swivel is...
"Swivel's mission is to make data useful.
Explore and compare data, graphs and maps.
Share insights via email, blog or data downloads.
Upload the data you care about.
If you're curious about data, Swivel is the place for you."
As you can imagine, the site is very well organized and easy to use. I'm thinking I won't be visiting their site a lot, but it is sooooo good to know it is there if the need ever arises!

No comments: