Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week 1: Thing #2

Aaaaaahhhh!! I adore lists! So, this list for lifelong learning is right up my alley. What's more, they mention reading a number of times, so it must be good, right??
The Easiest Habit: Habit #2 - Accept Responsibility. Oddly enough, this is very easy for me. I have always understood and believed that you will only get out of something what you have put in. I am always telling students (and parents) that one cannot just sit there and have information poured into your brain, one must get up and chase it, grab it and get it in there by whatever means it takes. Not only does this apply to learning, but to most things in life. I guess I am a firm believer in living my life, not letting my life just happen.

The Hardest Habit: Habit #1 - Goals. Setting goals for myself is very difficult. I tend to have a hard time accepting the fact that I can set a bunch of baby step goals for myself to reach a larger end goal. I look at that end goal, which is usually too lofty, and get way overwhelmed right from the get-go. Hmmmm....maybe just writing this down will help me!! I will work on that in the near future!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Ah, so like me, you want to set the goal and get there in one giant leap or else.... My friend calls that my perfectionist streak :-)

Ann