Friday, July 25, 2008

Week 6: Thing #14

Ick. I really don't find Technorati helpful at all. It is too much. I can search, but I feel like what I get back is sooooo much gobblety gook. It is similar to entering a very vague topic in Google. You will get thousands of hits and who wants to sort through that? Many of the blogs, posts, etc. that I followed led to a bunch of junk. I even tried my favorite subject (library lesson plans) and ended up wading through so many sites just to end up giving up. I would not waste my time with this or recommend it to anyone.

Ok- so the one cool thing that I did find, and I almost hate to admit this, is a gal in Houston taking this same class. Her blog looks so much like mine that I almost thought I had "found myself" when I opened her page. She is an elementary school librarian with many of the same hobbies. AND, her avatar is almost the same as mine as is her blog layout! Funny coincidence.

I just realized that my avatar is gone!! Help, I feel lost ; ) I just changed my blog around a bit so mine is different now (again). Now, I have my avatar back. I feel like a new person : )

Ok, back to my post...with my search, I did find different results when I clicked on posts, tags & directory. It was interesting to see how many other librarians are out there doing the same thing as us. We are soooo cutting edge! Otherwise, a waste of my time.

1 comment:

myska said...

Thanks for coming by and commenting on my blog! Yours does looke much like mine! "Kindred spirits"? I don't see your location on your profile. If you feel unsure about sharing that online, you can contact me via e-mail: mwhitmroe1@comcast.net
Keep up the good work!