Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 4: Thing #8

Whew! Creating my RSS was harder and more time-consuming than I thought it would be. It is now done and listed on the right in the sidebar of my blog.

I like the idea of having one central location where your news/info comes to you rather than clicking on all of your bookmarks. I had lots of ideas of what I wanted, but when I went to some of my favorite websites, they did not have the RSS option. However, they do have the "email me" options where they will send updated info directly to my email. Hmmmm....6 of one, half dozen of the other??

When I did decide on a few websites to use for my RSS section, they sure had a lot of info. I may have to fine tune this.

I can see how some folks might really enjoy and put this tool to good use. I have a friend who reads several newspapers and looks at several tv stations on-line everyday. Perhaps he would benefit from this?

A way that I might use this at school is to set up some of the websites that I use for educational ideas on a regular basis. I could offer to get teachers started on it as well. I would need to play around with it and our district firewall to see how it would fare before I used it with students.

No comments: