Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Week 9: Thing #20

Well, let me start out by saying that I just had a great laugh...at myself! I started out on TeacherTube looking at some of the recommended videos. Then, I started clicking on related videos. I clicked on one that was what I thought said Super Librarian. As this girl goes on and on and on about her mom having sex in the afternoon (not with her dad), her dad drinking too much and her new job at a bookstore, I finally look at the top of the screen to discover that I had moved to YouTube and was watching some random high school girl and her video diary. Oh my goodness, the things people tape and put out there for us. The really crazy thing is that there were tons of comments for her videos!

Here's my Teacher Tube video. It is totally stupid, but I gave up searching for something new, different, yet meaningful. If you want to, watch the first 60 seconds and then turn this ridiculous thing off.



I did search for real tutorials on Teacher Tube and found some great stuff. I entered most of the "things" that we have been learning about and was able to find something about almost all of them. This will be a great tool to share with staff for those tutorials. There are a few videos that would be fun and meaningful for students, but I really don't have the time to spend searching for those.

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

There are certainly great things as well as really bad things on Teacher tube. The video is funny, and sometimes that what you need. :-)

Ann