Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Week 4: Thing #9

After hours of perusing search tools, I finally found some that caught my eye. They were right there in the sidebar, just under my nose! On the blogger dashboard in the sidebar, there is an item called Blogs of Note. I noticed several that involved travel, once I followed a string of those, I struck gold! I guess it was just a matter of time...of which I have soooo much (sorry, being sarcastic there!).

I did not like Technorati because I was too distracted by the ads and flashing things. I had chosen to look at that one first since I kept seeing the name on a variety of blogs and websites.

I did like and use Topix.net as it posts your local news right at the top. I added that.

As for adding other people's blogs to my blogs....I'm not so sure I really want to go there too much. Who knows when their blog may turn sour and I would have this link to them?! Plus, many of the blogs that I looked at were so dry, over the top, slow to load, etc. I think I will just stick with (what would they be called??) non-private sites. This reminds me of the lessons that I teach to my students about really examining a website...who put it out there, are they credible, is the info accurate & timely?? As I say to my students....Be Careful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said! In the flea market of blogs it's rare to find a truly collectable treasure worthy of our limited resources.

I agree with you about Technorati. It was clunky and I felt the results were not worth time it took to mine them.

Elaine D