Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Week 9: Thing #21

I think I might appreciate podcasts more if I lived further away from work. After browsing through quite a few, I realize there are a lot of great podcasts out there. But, I really don't get many chances to just listen (I don't even have time to sit and watch!). I could see downloading a podcast and listening to it in my car. However, I have a 5 and 6 year old, so listening to anything is fruitless!

I do love NPR and a lot of their shows. Here's a podcast http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510288 called Voice Diaries that is good (the one I have here is about Nelson Mandela). I subscribed to several of the NPR podcast feeds, including their book reviews.

I also found podcasts that were about Smart Boards which I almost downloaded, but each one was over an hour long!! I didn't know if that would jam things up.

I looked at the TechSavvyGirlz site and enjoyed some of their work. This would be a good one to use as an example when students are learning to put together their own podcasts.

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

Ah, I know the no commute thing. I used to listen to books on cd but now that I have a 4 minute commute, doesn't leave time and I am not into listening to podcasts just to do it.

Some people did find some good book review podcasts.

Ann