Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Week 9: Thing #23

Ta da!!! What a great class! Thank you so much for laying it all out for me.
Here's what I liked...
*Huge learning curve
*Self-paced
*Relevent information
*Great resources
*Immediate & helpful feedback
*Interaction with peers
*Practice time

Here's what I did not like...
*Time...this took a LOT longer than I thought it would, although I am not really complaining as it was almost all valuable time
*Ignorant people posting ignorant and inappropriate material. Again, these things did not really bother me, but every time I came across some offensive site/blog/feed, my first thought was, "What if my student/son were to unwittingly tap into this??"

There are sooooo many things that I learned in this class. Every night, my husband would come to my computer to look at my blog to see what all I had done. I am proud of my accomplishments.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Time, time, time. Now when I tell people about the class I caution them....you CAN do it in this amount of time IF you set a timer and limit your explorations. There is SOOOO much to see, try and share.

And yes what do you want your children to find? How do we best protect our children but also give them the benefits of what the web has to offer. I think close parental supervision with discussions about bad sites; why people put them there; and what to do when encountering such pages is absolutely essential. It is the students who don't have the parental help and the opportunities for discussion I worry about.

Katie said...

PS love your slide show on the right bar of your blog.