Saturday, July 26, 2008

Week 8: Thing #18

Disregard! You can see my corrected and working version above! Thanks Elaine! Firefox seems to have done the trick.

http://export.writer.zoho.com/ZExport.do?tstamp=26,7,2008

Well, I thought it was a great idea. I haven't been able to get my zoho to post to my blog. I am obviously doing something wrong. Here's what I wrote (using the cut & paste technology)... I am asking for help here. Hopefully, I will overcome this challenge soon. Stay tuned.

Zoho Writer

Wow! What a concept. This reminds a lot of the del.icio.us capabilities. I am no longer chained to just MY computer. I can access my bookmarks, my work, my photos (thru Shutterfly) via the Interenet on any computer! Very exciting.

This makes working with others so much easier. I don't know how many times I have tried to share a document with a colleague only to hear back that he/she cannot open it because of the version or some other trouble. This would be a simple way to utilize some of the wiki ideas. Rather than have a wiki, you could have the documents to share out there and available for others to add to or to add their own comments.

This is definitely something that I will use. I have already added it to my del.icio.us site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which browser were you using? I found that Zoho works best with Firefox. Be sure to save your work before posting.
To post to the blog, click on the link that says "publish" (it's the 8th from the left just under the tab that holds the title for your zoho doc). Zoho will guide you the rest of the way.
I really like the bookmarklet feature of zoho. You can highlight a portion of a website, click "post to zoho", save, and bam! You've got it saved as a document in your zoho account. Downside: it doesn't save the formating. I've found copy and paste does a better job of that.
Elaine