Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week 2: Things #3 & #4

Ta-da!! I have set up my blog. This is one of those things about computers that drives me crazy...the number of choices we are given for what we are trying to accomplish. I don't know how many different templates I tried out (actually, I think I tried all of them) before I finally was able to settle for the one I have now. Of course, do not be surprised if I change it again a few times.

I tried to use some of my own photos as a background, however, they were too large. I think I know how to fix it, but I gave up being the perfectionist and went with a standard template.

I did enjoy setting this up and think it is a great way to do this class. Otherwise, I am not sure this would be something I would do on a regular basis. It's kind of like keeping a diary. It always seems like a great idea...you get that brand new little diary with just the right design on the cover, the crispy new binding, lines just the right width apart, and that magical little key to keep everyone else out. I was always good at it for about a week and then I went back to living my life rather than spending my time writing about it.

As for the avatar, I had fun making it, but she sure is pretty!! Maybe they should give some options to make her look a little more real! Not something I would use on a regular basis. I just realized that my avatar is standing in the kitchen and I should have put her in the library. I will get that fixed.

I am officially registered! Success : )

No comments: